What is Cholesterol
Cholesterol is faty substances that is found in body cells which travels in body through blood circulation system.
Type of Cholesterol
There are two types of cholesterol:
- LDL or Low Density Lipoproteins
- HDL or High Density Lipoproteins
LDL or Low Density Lipoproteins
LDL or Low Density Lipoproteins is also called Bad cholesterol, This type of cholesterol is main root cause for heart disease and stroke. It can cause blood clot which creates blood blockage in heart.
HDL or High Density Lipoproteins
HDL or High Density Lipoproteins is also known as Good Cholesterol, This type of cholesterol reduces the chances of heart attack by taking LDL away from heart towards Liver where it is broken down.
Which Medical Test should be conducted to identify Cholesterol Level?
Lipoprofile is the medical test to know the Good and Bad Cholesterol level in the body.
How to Control Cholesterol
Followings are the home remedies to control the Bad Cholesterol and to increase the Good Cholesterol :
- Reduce those foods which contains the saturated fats, red meat and dairy products are major sources of saturated fats.
- Add Good quantity of vegetables in your daily diet.
- Try to switch from ordinary cooking oil to Olive Oil to cook your food.
- At-least 40 minutes walk in a day should be done regularly.
- Drink 1 glass water along with juice of 1 lemon on every morning, it will reduce your LDL.